About the Job
Number of openings for this position
- Supervises in house and outer laboratory staff and operations.
- Responsible for coordinating operations and activities of the lab as assigned by the Medical Director(s) of the laboratory.
- Managing laboratory services in accordance with corporation and governmental standards.
- Development of department mission and goals, and develop policies, procedures and work standards to ensure the lab staff and operations will meet the department goals and mission.
- Ensuring accurate and appropriate completion of laboratory tests.
- Identifies and develop resolution of operational problems.
- Ensures completion of instrument maintenance and general upkeep.
- Purchasing and inventory management.
- Immediate supervision of in-house lab staff.
- Performance evaluations.
- Training and supervising assigned staff and aids staff in developing performance goals and objectives.
- Work on the bench, as needed, as a medical technologist
- Ensure safe and appropriate work area
- Ensure staff safety by developing and implanting a safety plan
- The job holder must demonstrate competencies applicable to job position.
- BS degree with one year of Medical technology training from an accredited Medical Technology program.
- ASCP certification required.
- Minimum 5-8 years of progressively responsible positions in the laboratory.
Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) Voluntary participation after 6 months of service.
- 401(k) Company Contribution after 1 year of service.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Aflac Insurance offered.
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Monday – Friday
- Day Shift
- Meadville Office