1 – Full-time position
About the Job
General Summary of Duties:
Responsible for assisting providers with patient care and performing certain clerical duties as assigned. Clinical duties may include, but are not limited to, taking and recording patient vitals and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, assisting the provider with examinations and procedures and drawing blood. Clerical duties may include, but are not limited to, answering incoming calls, scheduling carious appointments and medical record management. Responsible for communicating with the provider, patients and other staff members in order to ensure quality patient care.
Reports to the Practice Manager
– Review patient’s medical record the day before or the morning of the patient’s appointment to ensure it is complete to include, but may not be limited to, health maintenance, medical histories, quality codes and, when applicable, ensures consult information and all lab test results are available to provider.
– Greets patients in a polite, prompt and helpful manner. Provides direction, information and other assistance if needed.
– Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned, which may include, but are not limited to, checking schedules and organizing patient flow, accompanying patients to exam/procedure room. Assisting patients as needed with walking and transfers, dressing changes, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc., documenting patient chief complaint, performing screenings HT, WT, TEMP, BP, assisting the providers with examinations, various procedures and treatments, charting, relaying instructions to patients and to families when appropriate, answering calls and communicating pertinent information.
– Documents all activities and interventions, patient and family responses, medication dispensed and prescribed, vaccinations, etc. in the patient’s medical record.
– Promotes wellness by providing the patient with educational materials and communicates provider advice and instructions. Encourages use of online patient portal for questions and refills as well as general ongoing knowledge of patient’s personal healthcare.
– Schedules patients for follow-up appointments, surgical procedures and/or appointments in other departments and clinics and provides patient with basic information on referral physicians and other facilities for further care.
– Follows all clinical procedures as well as ECP guidelines related to infection control including, but not limited to, hand washing and exam room and equipment disinfection.
– Responsible for setting up instruments and equipment according to protocol, cleaning exam rooms, procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits, cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate cleaning records, ordering, sorting and storing supplies and restocking exam and procedure rooms.
– Assists providers with ensuring all quality codes are submitted. Responsible for completing gap closures and unconfirmed diagnoses using all resources provided.
– Verifies completion of necessary paperwork.
– Maintain logins and passwords for all insurance applications to ensure proper insurance coverage verifications for procedures and referrals as needed.
– Works outstanding orders, referral follow-ups, prior authorizations, and ongoing review of problem lists at least weekly to ensure “clean” and accurate medical records at all times.
– Responsible for accurately maintaining medication expiration logs, refrigerator temperature logs and clinical equipment logs.
– Responsible for support duties as assigned which may include, but are not limited to, answering telephone calls and recording messages for providers and department personnel, scheduling patient appointments and revising patient schedules following cancellations, verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics, sending/receiving patient medical records, obtaining lab reports, x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. and completing forms/requisitions.
– Maintains clean and orderly clinical and patient areas.
– Maintains knowledge of and complies with all company policies and procedures.
– Maintains strictest confidentiality.
The jobholder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
Minimum of one-year experience in a clinical setting performing nursing duties as well as in a customer service health care setting and experience with office equipment preferred.
LPN license required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Based upon experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Aflac offered
- Monday – Friday
- Day Shift
- Allentown, Pa. Office