About the Job
Number of openings for this position
- 1 Full-time
- 1 Part-time
General Summary of Duties:
We are seeking a Medical Receptionist for our Family Medicine office.
Responsible for welcoming patients and other customers to the office. Responsible for providing clerical support services to the provider(s), other staff members and patients. These functions include, but are not limited to; certain billing functions, operating office equipment, answering the telephone, screening calls, taking messages, providing information to patients and appropriate staff, balancing daily deposits, obtaining/verifying/updating patient information, and requesting/locating/sending and receiving patient medical records. Also responsible for performing all functions of this position accurately and in a timely and professional manner to ensure a positive patient experience and quality patient care.
- Answers phones in a pleasant manner and promptly attends to the caller’s needs, keeping the hold time to a minimum. Takes detailed messages utilizing the office messaging system. This includes all pertinent demographic patient information, the time and date the message was taken, and by whom. Refers medical concerns to the appropriate clinical personnel; understanding that the medical receptionist is not permitted to give clinical advice.
- Greets, screens and directs customers/patients in a polite, clear, prompt and helpful manner. Informs appropriate department/person of patients’ arrival in a timely manner. Recognizes and understands how to appropriately handle an emergency situation. Recognizes when to interrupt the provider. Schedules follow-up office appointments.
- Updates patient information by entering updated demographics and insurance information. Collects copays, deductible, coinsurance, account balance, and obtains signatures as necessary. Distributes the privacy and billing policies. Documents in the computer that the distribution took place. Understands what to do if the patient refuses to sign acknowledging receipt of the documents. Assures availability of necessary treatment information to include, but not limited to; test results, prior outside medical records, and referrals when applicable. Educates all patients on online patient portal option, completes and submits enrollment form, and ensures follow up/set up of online patient portal account.
- Understands and recognizes when to use the correct computer account and company procedure codes for workman’s comp. Ensures accurate review of patient information to prevent duplicate accounts by verifying name, birth date, and social security number. Understands the process for adding new insurance company information to the computer system.
- Completes end of day procedure including balancing of all cash, check, and credit card payments collected and reconciles with the payment log. Ensures reconciled logs and money are submitted to the accounting department in a timely manner. Follows procedure for the use and accounting of petty cash and base fund.
- Completes, prepares, maintains, provides, batches, and files paperwork correctly and in a timely manner. Understands the importance and necessity of correct handling of all paperwork such as, but not limited to insurance verification logs, medical records, medical records release forms, physical forms, transient files, sorting and distributing faxes and mail to include interoffice mail.
- Accurately completes daily correction logs and ensures missing tickets are addressed in a timely manner. Ensures the submission of daily charges is complete and accurate by reviewing the billing reconciliation in the EHR.
- Maintains a tidy front desk area at all times.
- Submits order requests to the office coordinator for office supplies. Ensures the office supplies are stocked and prepared for use. Assists in the care and maintenance of all office equipment.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) Voluntary participation after 6 months of service.
- 401(k) Company Contribution after 1 year of service.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Aflac Insurance offered.
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Family Practice
- Day Shift
- No weekends
- Meadville Office