1 – Full-time position
About the Job
General Summary of Duties:
Are you passionate about excellent patient care? Do you want to make a difference and a commitment in the lives of our patients? Are you frustrated with fragmented patient care? If you have answered yes, we want you on our team!
We are seeking an experienced medical records file clerk for a busy multi-specialty medical group. Experience is required for the following duties:
- Compile, process, and maintain medical records of patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of the health care system.
- Release information to persons or agencies, according to regulations.
- Plan, develop, maintain or operate a variety of health record indexes or storage and retrieval systems to collect, store, and analyze information.
- Process and prepare a variety of reports and forms for daily office operations.
- Scan and index various documents into the patient chart and recognize medical terminology in order to place documents into the correct index categories.
- Maintain and process electronic medical records as well as paper medical records.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping patient records and information confidential.
- High School Diploma.
- More than 1- year experience in medical records
- Willing to accept a candidate with extensive proven medical knowledge and terminology
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Self-motivated, ability to work inside deadlines, ability to manage time and productivity
- Attention to detail
- Quality focused
Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) Voluntary participation after 6 months of service.
- 401(k) Company Contribution after 1 year of service.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Aflac Insurance offered.
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Family Medicine
- Monday – Friday
- Day Shift
- Meadville Office