1 – Full-time position
About the Job
General Summary of Duties:
Are you self-motivated and passionate about excellence in customer service and patient care? If you are looking for a company that values patients, and employees, team up with us today! Independent Physician Services is expanding our team and we are searching for an LPN that has a passion for excellent patient care and customer service. Our team is dedicated to excellent patient care and we are looking for a team member that possesses the following qualities:
- Excellent critical thinking abilities
- Resourcefulness and strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively with team members and patients
- Exhibits excellent communication skills and professionalism in participating as an active team member.
- Self- motivated and self-directed
- Assists provider during the patient’s visit by accurately transcribing information into the EHR. Responsible for documenting the provider-patient encounter.
- Reviews the patient’s medical record the day before or the morning of the patient’s appointment to ensure it is complete to include, but may not be limited to, health maintenance, medical histories, quality codes and, when applicable, ensures consult information and all lab and test results are available to the provider.
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt and helpful manner. Provides direction, information and other assistance if needed.
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned, which may include, but are not limited to, checking schedules and organizing patient flow, accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking and transfers, dressing changes, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc., documenting patient chief complaint, performing screenings HT, WT, TEMP, BP, assisting the providers with examinations, various procedures and treatments, charting, relaying instructions to patients and to families when appropriate, answering calls and communicating pertinent information.
- Promotes wellness by providing the patient with educational materials and communicates provider advice and instructions. Encourages use of online patient portal for questions and refills as well as general ongoing knowledge of patient’s personal healthcare.
- Schedules patients for follow-up appointments.
- Follows all clinical procedures as well as ECP guidelines related to infection control including, but not limited to, hand washing and exam room and equipment disinfection.
- Works outstanding orders, medication prior authorizations, and ongoing review of problem lists at least weekly to ensure “clean” and accurate medical records at all times.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining medication expiration logs, refrigerator temperature logs, and clinical equipment logs.
- Responsible for support duties as assigned which may include, but may not be limited to, answering telephone calls and recording messages for providers and department personnel, scheduling patient appointments and revising patient schedules following cancellations, verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics, sending/receiving patient medical records, obtaining lab reports, x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. and completing forms/requisitions.
- Maintains clean and orderly clinical and patient areas.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- High School Diploma.
- Completion of a Practical Nursing program.
- PA LPN license
- CPR certification.
Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) Voluntary participation after 6 months of service.
- 401(k) Company Contribution after 1 year of service.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Aflac Insurance offered.
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Family Medicine
- Monday – Friday
- Day Shift
- Meadville Office