About the Job
Number of openings for this position
We are looking for a competent personal care assistant to support a physically challenged individual with MS and an elderly person in their home in the early evenings and as needed on weekends. You must be able to physically help the individual get up, as this person can no longer stand on his own. The fulfilment and satisfaction that comes with helping others surpasses the challenges of this job. If you’re a compassionate, reliable, physically strong, positive person, then this is a job for you. We expect you to be polite and a good communicator. Experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for the elderly or sick will make you a strong candidate.
- Prepare appropriate meal and assist with eating.
- Ensure they receive their medication on time.
- Support individual who can’t move on their own.
- Help dress, bathe, go to the bathroom, eat, etc.
- Do necessary housekeeping to maintain a clean environment.
- Go grocery shopping as needed.
- Provide emotional support.
- Committed to health & safety.
- Well-organized and reliable.
- Positive and compassionate attitude.
- Strong ethics.
- Caregivers: 1 year (Preferred)
Requirements – Must have:
- Physical stamina a must
- A valid driver’s license a must
$12.00 – $13.50 per hour
- Car to use for errands.
- Evening shift (4:30 p.m., as needed until 11 p.m.) – Monday – Friday
- Weekend availability
- Burgettstown Area – Client’s home