About the Job
Number of openings for this position
We are looking for a competent personal care assistant to support a physically challenged individual with MS. This is a very unique position working in a knowledgeable, fun medical office atmosphere where you can also learn medical assistant skills. You must be able to physically help the individual get up, as this person can no longer stand on his own. The fulfilment and satisfaction that comes with helping others surpasses the challenges of this job. If you’re a compassionate, reliable, physically strong, positive person, then this is a job for you. We expect you to be polite and a good communicator. Experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for the elderly or sick will make you a strong candidate.
- Pick up and drop off individual at home with their car and drive to and from medical office.
- Help to get individual into the car out of their scooter and into a scooter at the medical office.
- Ensure individual receives their medication on time.
- Support individual who can’t move on their own.
- Help individual dress, bathe, go to the bathroom, eat, etc.
- Assist individual with writing notes.
- Get lunch and plate according to the individual’s restrictions.
- Help out in the medical office with Fed Ex calls, patient charges, etc.
- Do necessary housekeeping to maintain a clean environment.
- Provide emotional support.
- Proven experience as personal care assistant.
- Committed to health & safety.
- Well-organized and reliable.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Positive and compassionate attitude.
- Strong ethics.
- Physical stamina a must.
- A valid driver’s license a must.
- Caregivers: 1 year (Preferred)
Requirements – Must have:
- Physical stamina a must
- A valid driver’s license a must
$12.00 – $13.50 per hour
- Client’s Car to use for pick up and drop off.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Burgettstown Area – Client’s home for pick up and drop off
- Burgettstown Area Dr. Office